|Spindle Capacity||三爪/四爪夹头||150 mm(6")|
|胀开式弹簧套爪||76 mm (3" )|
|圆形5C套筒夹头||27 mm (1-1/16")|
|六边形5C套筒夹头||22 mm (7/8")|
|六边形5C套筒夹头||19 mm (3/4" )|
|阶梯弹簧夹头||27 ~ 152mm(1-1/16-6")|
|主轴鼻端直径||Ø55.5 mm (2.189")|
|主轴鼻端 I.D/O.D||5C (10°) / 4° Tapern|
|5C (10°) / Ø55.5 mm-10TPI|
|棒料直径(5C套筒夹头)||Ø27 mm (Ø1-1/16")|
|床台上旋径||330 mm (12.992")|
|车架滑座进给范围||9~160 mm/min (0.354" ~ 6.299")|
|横滑座机动进给范围||6~250 mm (0.236" ~ 9.842")|
|冷却泵||1/8HP, 220V, 3PH|
|齿轮车牙范围||0.2~6.35 mm (120~4TPI)|
|主轴马达||3 HP, 220V, 3PH (标准配备)|
|净/毛重||2,200/2,420 lb. (1,000 / 1,100 kg.)|
|包装尺寸||1,910 × 860 × 1,860 mm (74" × 34" × 73")|
- PURPOSE OF THIS MANUAL
- ADJUSTING PROCESS OR LEVELING MACHINE
- LIFTING MACHINE
- A.) INSPECTION AND CLEANING OF MACHINE
- B.) FOUNDATION, INSTALLATION, AND LEVELING
- C.) ELECTRICAL CONNECTIONS
- D.) LUBRICATION
- E.) SPINDLE CONTROL LEVERS
- F.) TOUCH SCREEN GEAR BOX AND HOW TO DOING THE THREADING
- G.) DRO SYSTEM AND BIG-CHARACTER COORDINATES
- H.) MEMORIZE THE X AND Z POSITION
- I.) AUTOMATIC THREAD LENGTH CONTROL
PURPOSE OF THIS MANUAL
We are so glad you choosing CHR-68e chucking machine. It will satisfy your expectations of many features such as rigidity, high accuracy, easy operation...etc.
We expect all operators can read this manual carefully before starting this machine. It describes operation, inspection, maintenance, lubrication, leveling and setup of this machine. Our CHR-68e is built by quality materials and finest engineering skill. So operators with proper care and use are sure without any trouble.
For supporting machines life, all operators need use this manual at any time.
ADJUSTING PROCESS OR LEVELING MACHINE
- Put shims C (Fig.B) under each of six points (Fig.A).
- Loosen set screw A (Fig.B).
- Insert a pin wrench into the hole B(Fig.B) then rise or lower by turning (C.W. or C.C.W.)
- Tighten set screw A (Fig.B) to setting.
- Be sure of every point touch the ground and support the machine.
Figure 1 - Lifting machine
Lifting machine, arrange rope or cable as shown in figure 1, and check to see if the correct balance has been obtained. Then insert pads of soft cloth between the edges of the rope and machine. The net weight of this machine is approx 1100 kgs (2420 lbs). So the rope or cable must be rated at 3000 lbs capacity.
A.) INSPECTION AND CLEANING OF MACHINE
An inspection should be made after arrival of the machine in your plant. Look for possible damage caused by shock or vibration during transportation, also check for any missing parts, standard tools or other equipment.
In shipment, all exposed surfaces of the machine are coated with a antirust liquid. Before moving carriage and cross-slide, lead screw tailstock...etc, these surfaces should be thoroughly cleaned to remove all antirust liquid use a soft brush and solvent. This is very important because it can prevent any dirt or grit which may have accumulated on the antirust liquid from working under the sliding members and causing undue wear.
DO NOT USE COMPRESSED AIR TO CLEAN, WHICH WILL REDUCE THE MACHINES LIFE.
B.) FOUNDATION, INSTALLATION, AND LEVELING
A fairly flat foundation and proper installation will provide the machine long-term high accuracy, so supplying a good solid foundation of proper thickness is important. (Generally, a thickness of 300mm (12") is considered to be enough.) The machine has six adjustable feet on the corners of the pedestal base, used for leveling the machine. Place the pads under the feet of pedestal. To adjust, loosen the set screw and raise or lower the foot with a pin wrench so that all six feet rest firmly on the floor. When the adjustment is done, tighten set screws.
C.) ELECTRICAL CONNECTIONS
The CHR-68e TOOLROOM LATHE is shipped completely wired and assembled, Turn Cam Switch "A"(Figure 2) to the "OFF" position, then check motor voltage. Loosen screws "B"(Figure 2), and open the switch case cover, connect the wires from the power source to the terminals (R.S.T), and ground connection is made at the "G"(Figure 3) which is the electric switch case.
Pull out Spindle locking Pin "E" (Figure 4), push "G" (Figure 4) in forward position. The spindle should rotate counterclockwise when viewed from the tailstock end of the machine. If the spindle dose not turn in the correct direction, turn Cam Switch "A" (Figure 2) to "OFF" position. Disconnect electric power source, and interchanges any two leads until the turning direction is correct. When the spindle is rotation correctly, secure switch case cover, turn Cam Switch "A" (Figure 2) to "ON" position.
RUNNING THE MACHINE IN THE WRONG DIRECTION WILL RESULT IN DAMAGE TO THE SPINDLE SPEED CHANGE UNIT.
Proper lubrication supplied carefully , will maintain the life and performance of the machine for a long period. Therefore, lubricate the machine with a high quality lubricant, and check periodically to assure that the lubricant in the oil sight gage is filled to the proper level.1. CARRIAGE LUBRICATION
Fill with Mobil Vactra Oil No.2 (machine oil #20) or equivalent in oil reservoir. Lift plunger on reservoir "R" (Figure 5) hold briefly and release to keep bed ways lubricated.
Maintain oil level in sight windows "W" (Figure 7). To fill gearbox, remove plug "C" (Figure 7) use Automatic Transmission Fluid Mobil 200 (Esso ATF or equivalent Change oil every 500 hours).
To drain oil, remove the Drain Plug "M" located under the oil gear box (Figure 7).
The tailstock is mounted on preloaded ball bearings and can support any load to the spindle. It is provided with a fine "feed" for accurate work. The spindle of the tailstock is graduated in eighths of an inch, and 1 mm and has a travel of 95mm (3-3/4") The hand wheel is dual dial Inch and Metric. Graduations are 0.02mm (0.001"). It is built for the operator's convenience of operation just turn the dial ring "D" (Figure 35) to the required location. It is unnecessary to tighten the dial rings. They are spring loaded, so a lock screw is not needed. Sliding cover cage exposes only the dial in use.
USE OF ANY OTHER TYPE OF OIL IN THE GEARBOX MAY RESULT IN DAMAGE TO THE CLUTCH SURFACES.
The headstock spindle is mounted on precision preloaded ball bearings. The ball bearings are grease packed for life and require no further lubrication.
E.) SPINDLE CONTROL LEVERS
To change spindle speeds. Push start button "D" (Figure 8). Turn cam switch "C" (Figure 10) to the forward or reverse position and move lever "G" (Figure 9) to the start position. Turn cam switch "D" (Figure 10) to right to increase speed or to left to decrease speed.
F.) TOUCH SCREEN GEAR BOX AND HOW TO DOING THE THREADING
While you threading, you have to following the steps to set up, first choose the mm/inch "H" or "G" (Figure 11) by touch screen, and choose the Right hand thread "E" (Figure 11) or Left hand thread "F" (Figure 11) by touch screen, after that choose the pitch "G" (Figure 11) and engage the lead screw nut by moving ball handled lever "I" (Figure 13) clockwise. Start the spindle by moving the lever" G" (Figure 12). Move the lever "D" (Figure 12) to make movement going left or right. The threading speed is all control by server motor , so if your make the spindle speed faster, the threading speed also will going faster, The rapid speed is control by rapid retract cam "B" (Figure 11).
THIS TOUCH SCREEN CAN DOING THE THREADING PITCH 0.1~6.35mm/4~200TPI.
FOLLOW SPINDLE SPEED LIMIT FOR THREADING OPERATION：
G.) DRO SYSTEM AND BIG-CHARACTER COORDINATES
For CHR-68e have DRO system, the position all appear in touch screen "L" and "M" (Figure 14) or touch position button "O" (Figure 14) to only show the X and Z position, by big character coordinates (Figure 17). If want to set the position number or set position to zero, must be touch set button "A" (Figure 17). If didn't touch set button can not be set position to zero or any number.
H.) MEMORIZE THE X AND Z POSITION
Touch the memory bottom "N" (Figure 14) will appear the digital operation system. Touch "A" (Figure 15) set button before doing any memorize step. If didn't touch set button and memorize key can not be work. Touch the "B" (Figure 15) to memorize Z and X position from and "D"& "C" (Figure 15). For digital operation have 8 set of memory to memorize the X and Z position. Touch the"E" (Figure 15) switch to 1~4 memory set or 5~8 memory set (Figure 16). Touch return "F" (Figure 15) to return to the main screen.
I.) AUTOMATIC THREAD LENGTH CONTROL
When threading into a blind hole or to a shoulder without a thread relief. The lead screw half nut if engaged at the start of the threading work is completed. Left or right hand threads are controlled by Control lever "D" (Figure 18), the lever is joined with the control bar "B" (Figure 19). When the carriage touches the adjusting screw "S" (Figure 19) of the length control bar, it will push the lever "D" (Figure 18) to "STOP" position, and make the lead screw stop.
J.) SPINDLE BRAKE
Inverter unit "D" is used to perform dynamic braking. In addition, discharge resister "C" shortens braking time (Figure 20).
K.) BELT ADJUSTMENT
Run spindle at approximately 1000 rpm. Move lever "G" (Figure 21) to center "STOP" position and let the spindle coast to a stop. This is done to equalize belt tension. Loosen lock nut "N" (Figure 22) with 19mm wrench. Turn adjusting screw "P" (Figure22) with screwdriver clockwise to tighten belts. Stop machine and check belt tension, there should be approx.1" of play in belt.
L.) COLLET CLOSER-REMOVAL
Running the machine with the collet closer and not having a collet locked in place will damage the collet closer. Remove the collet closer when using chucks, face plates, or spindle nose type fixtures. The collect closer should be removed often for cleaning to prevent loading of chips between collet closer tube and inside of spindle at rear and collet threads. Removal method is：Pull out pin "L" (Figure 23). Slide draw tube out of the spindle. Do not turn the adjusting nut "N" (Figure 23). It is keyed to the spindle. To remove slide it off the end of the spindle. Do not remove collet closer by removing screw "S" (Figure 23), this screw has been adjusted at the factory for proper operation of the collet closer.
M.) COLLET CLOSER-REPLACEMENT
Before replacement of the closer, clean inside of the headstock spindle and outside diameter at rear of spindle where Adjusting Nut "N" (Figure 24) is located. Apply a film of light oil on rear of spindle Do not force Adjusting Nut "N" on spindle. If Adjusting Nut "N" fits to tight, remove and check for burrs or scratches, then replace. Clean collet closer tube inside and out apply a film of light oil on slip surface "T" (Figure 24) of the collet closer tube, replace collet loser and insert Link Pin "L" (Figure 24).
N.) COLLET CLOSER-ADJUSTMENT
- Before using collet closer, and any collet or step chuck to be used should be thoroughly cleaned.
- Push the lock Pin "E" (Figure 25). To engage lock pin, turn spindle by hand till lock pin enters notch to lock.
- Press the Closer Adjusting Finger "P" (Figure26) down to the point "F" (Figure 26).
- Guard "G" (Figure 26) forward with the left hand, and hold the collet or stop chuck with the right hand at the same time.
- Place a work piece in collet or step chuck.
- Place lever "L" (Figure 26) to the extreme left fixed position. Turn the Shell Guard "G" (Figure 26) toward operator until the work piece is clamped by the collet.
- Place lever "L" (Figure 26) to the right, the released position. Turn Shell Guard "G" (Figure 26) toward operator, move the Adjusting Finger "P".
Test collet closer's tension on work piece. If the work piece needs additional gripping pressure, press down on the adjusting finger "P" (Figure 26) and turn Shell Guard "G" (Figure 26) forward and lock.
O.) CARRIAGE INDICATED RING
Single dials with Inch Hand wheel dial "W" (Figure 27) graduations are in 0.005". It is built for the operator's convenience of operation, both of hand wheel have indicate position system L (Figure 27). The X axis have 8 position indicate system I (Figure 27).
P.) CARRIAGE LOCK
To hold the carriage in a fixed position on the bed use the Carriage Lock Handle "H" (Figure 28). Move the lock handle "H" (Figure 28) clockwise toward the operator, lock the carriage in position. Move the lock handle "H" (Figure 28) counterclockwise away from the operator. To unlock the carriage.
Q.) QUICK-ACTING TOOL POST COMPOUND SLIDE ASSEMBLY
- The carriage clutches are made of a friction type material, designed to slip when slide or carriage engages a feed stop. The clutches are a spring-loaded arrangement and can not be adjusted for more pulling power. If clutch slips under a cut, it is a sign of improper tool grinding, dull tool or excessive feed. The friction clutches have sufficient power to handle all work.
- When the machine contacts a feed "stop", it is intended for the clutch to slip, To operate clutches as shown in (Figure 29), raise handle "H" (Figure 29) approx. 20degress above horizontal, the clutch will engage, Push down the handle "H" (Figure 29), the clutch will release. When the carriage lead screw is engaged for threading the carriage feed clutch is mechanically interlocked (can not be engaged). This is to prevent machine damage. Adjust clutches as shown in (Figure 29).
R.) QUICK-CHANGE TURRET ASSEMBLY
The CHR-68e have quick-change turret. Pull handle H (Figure 30) down, the turret locker G (Figure 30) will unlock then the turret will turn to next position. CHR-68e turret have 6 position, each position repeat accuracy is 0.005mm.
S.) POWER FEED UNIT
The carriage Power Feed unit is mounted on the carriage.
It is powered by a AC motor "M" (Figure 31).
- The power feed can be operated only when the machine is running. Start the power feed by turning Cam Switch "S" (Figure 32).
- The Cam Switch "S" (Figure 32) controls the direction of the power feed.
- The carriage Feed Control "N" (Figure 32) controls the rate of feed. When Cam Switch "S" (Figure 33) is placed in "RIGHT" position, the carriage will feed toward the right, the cross slide will feed away from the operator.
- When Cam Switch "S" (Figure 32) is placed in "LEFT" position, the carriage will feed toward the left, the cross slide will feed toward operator.
- Turn Cam Switch "S" (Figure 32) to "STOP" position, power feed motor is turned off.
- The rate of the carriage feed should be pre-selected to suit each particular job, which depend on material, diameter, type of cut, and tooling used.
- The numbers on the carriage feed control panel, do not represent either thousandths per revolution or inches per minute. So the operator must test sample pieces for determining the spindle speed and rate of feed which can best suit to the requested surface finish and production rate, then record the proper settings after testing.
- Handle I (Figure 30) control power feed Z-axis , Handle J (Figure 30) control power feed X-axis.
WHEN STARTING INTO PRODUCTION. AN OPERATOR CAN SET THE FEED CONTROL "N" TO THE RECORDED REFERENCE SETTING, THEN THE SAME TESTED RESULTS WILL BE OBTAINED.
T.) FACING LENGTH CONTROL STOPER
When use power feed unit control to do the facing parts , we can use CHR-68e facing length control unit to control the length . To loose screw C (Figure 34) to move the facing length . Also screw B (Figure 34) can be adjust the length.
U.) TAILSTOCK SPINDLE LOCK
The coolant pump is controlled by Switch "C" (Figure 34). Turn Switch "C" (Figure 34) to "ON" position, the pump will run continuously, turn to "AUTO" position, the pump will run only when the machine is running. If pump switch is set at "OFF" position, the coolant pump is off. Pump should be cleaned periodically, depending on the type of material being machined.